LoewsHotels.com Privacy Statement
Last Updated: July 22, 2021
Click on the links below to jump to the different sections of our Privacy Statement:
- How Loews Collects Information
- Types of Personal Information that Loews Collects
- Use of Personal Information
- How Loews Shares Personal Information
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Online Tracking and Behavioral Advertising
- Third-Party Analytics
- Personal Information from Children
- Mobile and Location-Based Services
- Links to Third Parties
- Protecting Personal Information
- Your Privacy Choices and Rights
- Retaining Personal Information
- Choices – Marketing Communications
- International Data Transfers
- Updates to this Statement
- How to Contact Loews
- For California Consumers – California Consumer Privacy Statement
- Directly from you;
- Through our websites and mobile apps;
- From social media or other public forums; and
- From third-party vendors or business partners.
The types of personal information Loews collects may include:
- Name, gender, contact information, business title, date and place of birth, nationality, passport, and visa information.
- Information related to website searches, reservations, stays, and visits to a property, including names of hotels, check-in/check-out information, dates of arrival and departure, goods and services purchased, special requests made, and information necessary to fulfill special requests, preferences that require special accommodations, observations regarding service preferences (including room, holidays, amenities requested, facilities or other services used), and telephone numbers dialed, faxes sent or received, telephone messages received through hotel facilities.
- Account information such as user name and password and any other information you provide in connection with your account.
- Billing information such as credit card details, billing address, and purchase history.
- Personal characteristics, income, and travel history.
- Information about vehicles brought onto Loews’ properties.
- Reviews and opinions about Loews or properties or other personal information in customer surveys.
- Hotel, airline, and rental car packages booked.
- Groups associated with stays at hotels, including contact and other relevant details concerning the employees of corporate accounts and vendors and others with which Loews does business (e.g., travel agents or meeting and event planners).
- Other types of information provided to Loews or obtained by Loews from third parties.
- Details on joint travelers, including their names and frequent flyer numbers, and the age of the driver of a rental car.
- Information and records related to conversations, including recording or monitoring of customer service calls.
- Additional contact information from third parties with which Loews or our hotels do business (e.g., travel agents or similar providers), such as email addresses that may be provided by travel agents.
- Additional personal information collected during registration/check-in at Loews’ properties.
- Images, sound, or video of guests and visitors in public areas and information related to visitor location while on Loews’ properties via keycards, closed-circuit television, and other technologies and security tools.
- Other recordings of sound or video using other technologies to protect Loews’ staff.
- Personal information in connection with on-property services, such as concierge services, health clubs, spas, activities, child care services, equipment rental, and digital key functionality.
- Meeting and event specifications, the date of the event, number of guests, details of the guest rooms, and, for corporate events, information on the organization (e.g., name, annual budget, and number of sponsored events per year).
- Information about the guests that are a part of a group or event that may be provided to Loews by the group or meeting planner or by Loews to the group or meeting planner or third-party service providers who may market event services.
- Information provided by individuals, companies, or groups to make a reservation on others’ behalf.
- Information provided to send an electronic postcard or otherwise to share a message with a friend, whether via the Internet, a stand-alone kiosk or mobile.
- Other information requested by or provided to Loews in the context of employment or supplier applications, such as name, resume or CV information, or information provided or obtained in connection with background checks.
- Any information you enter via online chats.
- Geolocation data.
- Information obtained from other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, and other third parties.
If you submit any personal information relating to other people to Loews, you represent that you have the authority to do so and permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Loews uses the personal information we collect where necessary to perform a contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, including to:
- Provide requested services (such as facilitating reservations, sending confirmations, sending pre-arrival messages, processing check-ins and check-outs, and providing other information about the hotel and the area).
- Process and complete transactions, reservations, and bookings.
- Establish and maintain any account you create with Loews.
- Provide location information that is useful to you, including the use of geolocation and GPS technology to locate nearby hotels.
In addition, Loews uses the personal information where we have a legitimate interest to do so, including to:
- Assist with and provide information about meeting, event, celebration and other Services.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business, our Services, and other products and services we offer (including to develop new products and services).
- Administer surveys and other market research.
- Send offers and promotions from Loews and related parties that may be of interest to you (e.g., account promotions and news, hotel openings and offers, partner offers such as financial products, payment cards or accounts, car hire, and club memberships).
- Provide or offer newsletters, promotions and featured specials, or other marketing communications.
- Offer promotions, sweepstakes, or other contests.
- Send emails, text messages, and other communications about the Services.
- Comply with legal requirements, judicial process, and our company policies (including to verify users’ identity in connection with access or correction requests).
- Protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to fraud, illegal activity (such as incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites and mobile apps), and claims and other liabilities, including by enforcing the terms and conditions that govern the use of our websites and mobile apps.
- Manage our career opportunities.
- Manage our orders, contracts, subscriptions, billing and invoicing, and accounting records.
- Perform data analytics, such as market research, trend analysis, data aggregation, de-identification, data anonymization, financial analysis and customer segmentation.
Loews also processes your personal information to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements to which Loews is subject and for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
To the extent we rely on consent for the processing of your personal information, we will seek such consent at the time we collect your personal information.
Loews may share personal information among hotels, service providers, and other business partners.
- Personal information provided in connection with a reservation is made available to the hotel in order to fulfill the reservation request. After the stay, the information, including stay details, room type, services, amenities used, etc. is retained. Loews may provide the hotel's owner and manager with limited information about past or future guests of that hotel.
- To provide users a single source for purchasing packages that include other travel-related services such as airline tickets or rental cars, Loews may enter into agreements with select reputable third-party companies that sell Loews-branded products. Any personal information provided to these third parties will be controlled by each of them and is subject to their respective privacy statements and practices.
- Billing and folio information for stays paid by corporate payment cards or accounts for guests whose employers or contractors participate in a corporate electronic billing or eFolio program will be shared with the payment card or account providers and the employers or contractors, or their agents. Once Loews transfers this information, Loews Privacy Statement will no longer apply and the handling of personal information will be subject to the privacy policies of the employer, the relevant payment card or account network operator, the relevant card or account issuer, and/or their respective subcontractors.
- Information collected in connection with meeting and event planning for stays or visits as part of a group event or meeting may be shared with the organizers of those meetings and events, and, where appropriate, guests who organize or participate in the meeting or event. When providing us with your personal information in connection with a group event or meeting, you acknowledge that you are directing us to intentionally disclose your information, or using our services to intentionally interact with, the organizers of those meetings and events and guests who organize or participate in them.
- From time to time Loews may partner with other companies to provide products or services and may share information with Loews’ business partners to provide those products or services. For example, Loews may help to arrange rental car or other services from Loews’ business partners and share personal information with Loews’ business partners in order to provide those services. Loews also may co-sponsor promotions, sweepstakes, prize draws, competitions, or contests with other companies, or Loews may provide prizes for sweepstakes and contests sponsored by other companies. Loews may share entrants’ information with Loews’ co-sponsor or the third-party sponsor.
- Loews may share personal information with providers of on-property and off-property services that provide services such as concierge services, spa treatments, golf, or dining experiences, such as the Julien Farel spa, the Rural Society restaurant, and more. These providers may also share information with Loews. Providers may have their own privacy policies and statements that govern their collection, use, and sharing of information.
- Loews relies on service providers to provide certain products and services, such as to facilitate administrative functions and information technology operations, payment card or account billing, reservations services, market researchers, email service providers, mail houses that process mail and communications for Loews, providing services in connection with the website, including airline and rental car packages; communicating news and delivering promotional and transactional materials via email, direct mail, and online and mobile advertising; processing payment card or account transactions, data hygiene and enhancement services; professional services such as accounting, auditing, and legal advice; investigating accident reports; processing insurance claims; and administering sweepstakes, prize draws, competitions, contests, and customer surveys. Loews will disclose personal information to service providers as appropriate.
- Loews reserves the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event Loews sells or transfers all or a portion of its business or assets, such as in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, consolidation, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation.
- Loews may share guests’ telephone numbers among Loews hotels, partners, and service providers, for purposes of telemarketing. Loews may also receive telephone numbers from Loews’ partners, service providers, or from other sources, which Loews may use for telemarketing purposes.
- In addition, Loews may disclose personal information without the guest or user’s permission in order to: (i) comply with applicable laws, (ii) respond to governmental inquiries or requests from public authorities, (iii) comply with valid legal processes, (iv) protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Loews, website and apps visitors, guests, employees or the public, (v) permit Loews to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that Loews may sustain, (vi) enforce website and apps terms and conditions, and (vii) respond to an emergency.
On occasion, Loews may offer programs, activities, events, or promotions (“Special Programs”) that have specific terms, privacy notices, and/or consent forms that explain how any personal information you provide will be processed in connection with the Special Program.
Some Special Programs may be offered jointly with third parties with whom Loews collaborates. In those cases, Loews may exchange data with third parties to deliver the Special Programs.
The terms that apply to a Special Program may reflect the data handling process of third parties. We strongly suggest you review the terms applicable to the Special Program before participating.
Users can set their computer to warn them each time a cookie is sent or turn off all cookies (except Flash cookies) through their browser. The browser's Help menu or users’ built-in mobile device settings can be checked to see how. Some mobile devices store cookies not only in areas connected to the browser, but also in areas that are app-specific, which cannot be controlled by the browser settings. App settings options on mobile devices can be checked to see how to manage or delete cookies that may be stored in these other areas. If users do not accept cookies, some features, Services, or activities that are available on the website and apps may be adversely affected and users may be unable to perform certain transactions, use certain functionality, and access certain content.
Loews may use the cookies and other similar technologies on its website and apps for the following purposes:
- To make the website function correctly and to personalize content presented to users, better understand how visitors use the Services and how Loews can better meet user needs.
- Throughout the online reservation process to remember dates used in hotel searches, check room availability, and fulfill the reservation.
- To recognize you and remember your settings and preferences.
- Measure usage of various pages on the website and apps to help make Loews’ information more personalized and easily accessible.
- Provide functionality such as online reservations, mobile check-ins, and other functionality that Loews believes would be of interest and value to users.
- Track customer response to Loews advertisements and website content.
- Determine the browser’s ability to receive HTML email messages to determine the appropriate format to receive and read email.
- Know how many users open an email and allow Loews or its service providers to compile aggregated statistics about an email campaign.
- Allow Loews to better target interactive advertising, enhance customer support and site usability, and provide offers and promotions that Loews believes would be of interest to users.
- Serve ads through third-party advertising technology when users visit the website and apps and sites upon which Loews advertises.
If users would like to know more about cookies, including Flash cookies, the following websites provide useful information:
Our Services are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
To learn how to opt-out of certain interest-based advertising in the U.S., please visit www.aboutads.info/choices and www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please visit www.youronlinechoices.eu in the European Union and www.youradchoices.ca/ in Canada.
We may use third-party analytics services on our Services, such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics. These analytics providers may use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and web server logs to help us analyze use of our Services. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers and other relevant third parties who use the information to evaluate use of our Services. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt-out of certain features, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Loews Services are designed for a general audience and are not directed to children. Loews does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 16 years of age through our websites or mobile apps. Parents or legal guardians should not allow children to submit personal information without permission. Parents or legal guardians may provide information regarding children accompanying them. If you believe a child under 13 years of age may have provided us with personal information, please contact us as specified in the Contact Loews section of this Statement.
Loews may provide mobile apps that can be downloaded to smartphones or other devices. These apps provide services and may collect personal information that will be used in accordance with this Statement.
Loews’ mobile apps may use the device’s Global Positioning System (GPS) technology or similar technology to collect location information about your device, locate a nearby hotel, and/or provide relevant location-based information.
Loews may make available from time to time a virtual concierge application, which may be pre-loaded on a Loews-owned device, or may be downloadable to a mobile device. Using these applications, guests may be able to order services from the hotel, such as room service or valet parking; access Loews’ sites; access third-party sites, including local attractions and social media; and book a reservation. To order services from the hotel, guests may need to enter name and room number, and may be able to receive order confirmations via text messaging. If text confirmation is requested, a phone number and carrier may be required. Booking reservations may require entry of a Loews’ confirmation number and security codes.
Your device settings may allow you to restrict mobile app platforms (such as Apple and Google) from sharing certain information obtained by automated means with app developers and operators such as us.
The Services may contain links to third-party sites, applications, and services. Please note that Loews is not responsible for the collection, use, maintenance, sharing, or disclosure of data and information by such third parties or the content of their sites, applications, and services.
Other third-party sites, applications, and services include the landing page of the high-speed Internet providers at Loews hotels, as well as social media and other sites (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TripAdvisor, etc.) on which Loews or Loews Hotels & Co.’s properties may have accounts or fan pages where users may be able to post information and materials. Logging in or connecting with such sites may also provide Loews with information via that third party in accordance with their policies and privacy selections on their sites (e.g., locations, postings, connections, etc.).
Information provided to or on third-party sites, applications or services is subject to the privacy statement and terms of those third parties. Loews encourages users to read the privacy policies of sites, applications, and services before submitting personal information.
Loews maintains administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or use.
Subject to applicable law, you may (1) request access to the personal information Loews maintains about you; (2) request that Loews updates, corrects, amends, or erases your personal information; or (3) request the restriction of Loews’ use of your personal information. In addition, you may receive, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, the personal information that you have provided to Loews about you, with your consent or based on a contract to which you are party. You have the right to have this information transmitted to another company, where it is technically feasible.
Subject to applicable law, you also may have the right to object at any time to the use of your personal information, on grounds relating to your particular situation, where Loews uses that information based on our legitimate interests as described above. Subject to applicable law, you also may withdraw any consent you previously provided to Loews. If you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to verify your identity in connection with any requests regarding personal information to help ensure that we provide the information we maintain to the individuals to whom it pertains, and allow only those individuals or their authorized representatives to exercise rights with respect to that information.
If you are in the European Union and not satisfied by our response, you may lodge a complaint with a data protection authority, in particular in the EEA country of your habitual residence, place of work, or of an alleged infringement of the European data protection rules.
If you are a California consumer, please see the For California Consumers – California Consumer Privacy Statement section of this Privacy Statement for more information about your privacy rights under California law.
Loews retains personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
Communications preferences may be changed by logging on to your online account with Loews and managing subscriptions, or by writing to Loews (and including email address) at email@example.com.
You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications from Loews. However, even if you opt-out of receiving such communications, we retain the right to send you non-marketing communications (such as order confirmation emails or changes in our website or mobile app terms).
Loews may transfer your personal information to countries other than the country in which you initially provided the information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. For example, if you are located outside of the United States, we typically transfer your personal information to the United States, where Loews is headquartered. The countries to which we transfer personal information may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
Loews may transfer personal information from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries that the European Commission has deemed to adequately safeguard personal information, in which case no additional safeguards are required in order to transfer this information. To the extent required by law, if Loews transfers your personal information to other countries, Loews will either transfer it subject to the recipient’s compliance with standard contractual clauses, Binding Corporate Rules, with your consent to the transfer or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Loews may modify this Statement from time to time. When Loews makes material changes to this Statement, Loews will post a link to the revised Statement on the homepage of the Services. Users can tell when this Statement was last updated by looking at the link and at the date at the top of the Statement. Any changes to Loews’ Statement will become effective upon posting of the revised Statement on the site. Use of the Services following such changes constitutes acceptance of the revised Statement then in effect.
Questions about this Statement or how Loews processes personal information may be submitted to Loews by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to Loews Hotels Marketing Division – 655 Madison Avenue – New York, NY 10065.
This California Consumer Privacy Statement supplements the LoewsHotels.com Privacy Statement and applies solely to California consumers. This Statement does not apply to Loews personnel. Sections 2 through 5 of this Statement do not apply to job applicants.
This California Consumer Privacy Statement uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and its implementing regulations (the “CCPA”).
1. Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect (and may have collected during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement) the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers: identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, and other similar identifiers
- Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80: signature, physical characteristics or description, education, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, and other financial information, and medical information (for example, in connection with your special requests or accommodations)
- Protected Classifications: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as age, gender, medical condition, disability, citizenship status, and military and veteran status
- Commercial Information: commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Biometric Information
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications, or advertisements
- Geolocation Data
- Sensory Information: audio, electronic, visual, and similar information
- Employment Information: professional or employment-related information
- Education Information: in connection with job applicants, education information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Sec. 1232g; 34 C.F.R. Part 99)
- Inferences: inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We may use (and may have used during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement) your personal information for the purposes described in our LoewsHotels.com Privacy Statement and for the following business purposes specified in the CCPA:
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services;
- Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance;
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration;
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us; and
- Managing career opportunities with Loews.
2. Sources of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have obtained personal information about you from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you, such as when you make a reservation or purchase, complete a form, or provide information during your stay;
- Your devices, such as when you visit our websites or use our mobile apps;
- Others who stay at our properties or use our services, such as your family or friends, your employer, our corporate customers, and organizers of and participants in events or meetings held at our properties;
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries;
- Vendors who provide services on our behalf;
- Our business partners, such as travel agencies and companies that sell Loews-branded products;
- Our joint marketing partners;
- Online advertising services;
- Government entities;
- Social networks; and
- Data brokers, such as background check services.
3. Sale of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this California Consumer Privacy Statement, we may have sold the following categories of personal information about you to online advertising services:
- Commercial Information
- Online Activity
You have the right to opt-out of this disclosure of your information, as detailed below. We do not have actual knowledge that we sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
4. Sharing of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have shared your personal information with certain categories of third parties, as described below.
We may have disclosed the following categories of personal information about you for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Third Parties|
|Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80|| |
|Protected Classifications|| |
|Commercial Information|| |
|Online Activity|| |
|Geolocation Data|| |
|Sensory Information|| |
|Employment Information|| |
|Education Information|| |
In addition to the categories of third parties identified above, during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have shared personal information about you with the following additional categories of third parties:
- Government entities
5. California Consumer Privacy Rights
You have certain choices regarding your personal information, as described below.
- Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
- Opt-Out of Sale: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
- Shine the Light Request: You also may have the right to request that we provide you with (a) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (b) the identity of those third parties.
How to Submit a Request. To submit an access or deletion request, click here to go to Loews Hotels California Residents Privacy Rights Page or call us at 844-295-8826. To submit a Shine the Light request, email us at email@example.com or send us your request by postal mail to Loews Hotels Marketing Division, 655 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10065. To opt-out of the sale of your personal information, click here to opt-out of the sale of your personal information or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a consumer, please contact email@example.com. For questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, please contact us as described in the Contact Loews section of our Privacy Statement.
Verifying Requests. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. If you have a Loews account with us, we may verify your identity by requiring you to sign in to your account. If you do not have a Loews account with us and you request access to or deletion of your personal information, we may require you to provide any of the following information: (a) email or postal address or mobile phone number; (b) amount spent during last visit; or (c) most recent hotel checkout date. In addition, if you do not have a Loews account and you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we will require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request.
Additional Information. If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.